• Revert to a previous ReplayTV software version without re-imaging
From AVS Forum:
|For those of you who have ReplayTV(s) that have been upgraded to 144 and
would like to revert to your previous software build, what follows is a way
to do that without losing your recordings etc. There are a few caveats:
1) Do NOT use this method unless you are SURE your ReplayTV software has been upgraded from one build to another. When the ReplayTV downloads new software, it maintains a copy of the version you were running immediately prior to the upgrade in case something goes wrong. This method tricks the ReplayTV into booting to that older copy. Obviously, if there is no older copy (for instance if the ReplayTV shipped with the newest software), this procedure will fail such that a re-image will be required.
2) As mentioned above, this method will cause a reversion to whatever software build your ReplayTV was running prior to the build 144 upgrade, be it build 19, 140, etc. If you want to revert to a build other than the last one your ReplayTV booted before 144, then you are going to have to re-image with that build.
3) You will probably want to use this information in conjuntion with the 2 blocking methods mentioned in this thread--i.e. the WiRNS NoSoftwareUpdate.dll plugin and the DisableSoftwareDownload regedit value to prevent future upgrades. Also, note that these methods may become ineffective at some point.
DISCLAIMER. Warning! This procedure, while tested successfully on a few ReplayTVs (YMMV, of course), does involve some degree of risk. Please understand that if something goes wrong, you will likely have to re-image your ReplayTV's hard drive--losing all recordings etc. Moreover, while unlikely, it is possible that this procedure could render your ReplayTV permanently inoperable. I will not be held responsible for any damage caused by the use or misuse of this information. Use at your own risk!
If after reading the above you are still comfortable proceeding, the instructions are as follows:
1) Add the following commands to your shellcmds file (as documented elsewhere):
2) Run WIRNS and GetShellCommands (as documented elsewhere) and net
connect with the ReplayTV for which you would like the software to revert.
If you have other ReplayTVs on your network that you do NOT want to revert,
make sure that they aren't configured to connect via WiRNS (or simply
disconnect their ethernet cables while you are doing this). Otherwise, they
could net connect during this time and be downgraded as well.